[linux-audio-dev] Concerning libfst, vstserver, and dssi-vst

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Apr 11 19:30:11 UTC 2005

>    2. The libfst project is essentially unmaintained. Again, WINE
>versions wreak havoc with users who want to keep both fst and WINE
>up-to-date. Paul and/or Torben: Is the libfst project going to see any
>more activity from your end, or should it be considered an open project
>and up for grabs ?

its not up for grabs. work on it is slow, but torben has a new version
that is Wine-version-independent.

this is harder for application authors to use, because their apps have
to compiled using "winemaker". but i had a long conversation with the
head of CodeWeavers (the primary wine sponsors/company) and he
convinced me that the hackish approach torben and i had taken was
never going to be be sustainable.

both of us regret not having more time to work on it; hopefully the
logjam will break soon.

--p