[linux-audio-dev] [ANN} Aeolus mailing lists and Wiki

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Wed Apr 13 22:18:56 UTC 2005

Hello all,

Some time ago Joachim Schiele (well known from the MusE project)
offered to host Aeolus on his website. As IMHO Aeolus is still
far too experimental, volatile and immature to be turned into a
shared development project, I declined that offer but instead
asked Joachim if he would host a mailing list, something several
users have asked for.

I'm glad to annouce that as a result, there will be not one but
even two lists, and a Wiki page as well.

  aeolus-user at muse-sequencer.org

is the place for general discussions, announcements, help requests,
bug reports, and everything that could be interesting from a user
or musical perspective.

  aeolus-dev at muse-sequencer.org

is for purely technical discussions, programming, debugging, talk
about algorithms, and in general everything that requires some
familiarity with the extremely cryptic and fully undocumented source
code :-) I know some users have worked their way through this, since
I've received valuable feedback, patches and bug fixes.

Both lists are unmoderated, but you have to be a member in order
to be able to post to them.

To subsscribe, send an empty mail to either

  aeolus-user-subscribe at muse-sequencer.org

or

  aeolus-dev-subscribe at muse-sequencer.org

You will then receive a message requesting you to confirm
the subscription, and the usual help information.

The Wiki is at:

  http://www.muse-sequencer.org/wiki/index.php/Aeolus

Many thanks to Joachim for providing these services !!!

--
FA