[linux-audio-dev] Please test the RT rlimits patch for audio

Jody McIntyre scjody at modernduck.com
Tue Apr 26 20:32:32 UTC 2005

The RT rlimits patch (nice-and-rt-prio-rlimits.patch) has been proposed
as a solution to allow audio users to run their applications with
realtime priorities.  While more complicated to configure, it's a much
cleaner patch than realtime-lsm and it's likely to get merged soon _if_
enough audio users test it and confirm that it works.

To encourage this, I have created a wiki page containing installation
instructions, links to prebuilt PAM packages, etc:
http://www.steamballoon.com/wiki/Rlimits

If this works for you, I am collecting success reports.  Please email
rlimits-success at steamballoon.com .

If you have any problems with it, LAU is probably the best place to ask
for help.  Unfortunately I don't have large amounts of time to spend
helping people with this, so any help requests emailed to me directly
may be deleted without a reply.  Sorry.

Thanks for testing!

Jody