[linux-audio-dev] Tracktion, JUCE and Linux

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Apr 27 12:19:20 UTC 2005

>I'm afraid that even though your project may well be worth it you won't
>attract (m)any developers on this list by stating something like "you'd
>need to be happy about me taking over the copyright of any stuff you
>send me".

with all due respect to Jan, I would point out that the Ardour project
requires this as well. this does not seem to have daunted anyone from
contributing. i do not claim copyright on pre-existing code that is
used in Ardour, which is why the startup message credits copyright for
portions of ardour to a few other people (steve harris in particular,
the person who wrote libxml++ and a guy who worked with me on the
undo/redo system in a generic way unrelated to ardour).

i do this because if i ever want to negotiate a non-GPL license
arrangement with ACompanyWhoWantsMeToRetireAnotherTime, then i need
control of all the copyrights. the fact that ardour is linked against
several GPL'ed libraries in non-trivial ways makes it hard to see how
any non-GPL'ed instance could ever exist, but hey, my wallet would be
happy :)

--p