[linux-audio-dev] E-MU 1212m Linux drivers

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Thu Apr 28 00:30:37 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 13:56 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> The Alsa
> project (http://www.alsa-project.org/) however has expressed interest on
> working on the problem provided they get an hardware sample.
>
> Since Alsa already develops drivers for other Creative sound cards with
> Creative support cooperating it would seem natural to expand the current
> partnership to the E-MU sound card family. I hope I made the case for such
> a partneship clear (I'm no native english speaker) and I'll soon be a
> happy Linux E-MU customer.

Garin,

Hi, my name is Lee Revell.  I've done quite a bit of work on the emu10k1
ALSA driver lately (see http://www.alsa-project.org/~rlrevell) and have
recommended Creative's soundcards to many Linux users, as I believe they
are great sound cards, with great Linux support.

I'd love to be able to recommend the EMU1212m to Linux users, and I'd
buy one in a second if our Linux drivers could support it.

So, if you could get James a hardware sample, that would be really
great.  I know many, many Linux users who would buy one.

Lee