[linux-audio-dev] GTK performance?

Billy Biggs vektor at dumbterm.net
Thu Apr 28 13:01:05 UTC 2005

Jens M Andreasen (jens.andreasen at chello.se):

> On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 12:46 +0200, Jens M Andreasen wrote:
>
> > What is even "funnier" is that mouse behaviour seems to take a
> > different route with next to no overhead.
>
> Correction:
>
> Mouse-wheeling shows a similar (over-the-top cycle consuming)
> behaviour as key input. It appears to be the entry of the event as
> such that spawns the effect.

  Regardless of what the toolkit is, avoiding redrawing areas which have
not changed is often an important performance improvement.  I think you
should file a bug about your specific case on bugzilla.gnome.org.

  The pixmap theme engine itself is of course quite slow due to how it
works.  I would not recommend ever using any theme based on this engine.

  -Billy