[linux-audio-dev] Evolutif

J_Zar, Gianluca Romanin romaninz at aruba.it
Fri Apr 29 13:26:12 UTC 2005

Hi Erik,

Alle 14:30, venerdì 29 aprile 2005, Erik de Castro Lopo ha scritto:
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:06:17 +0200
>
> "J_Zar, Gianluca Romanin" <romaninz at aruba.it> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > 	I would like to know if someone knows if the Evolutif Audio
> > ( http://evolutif.sourceforge.net/ ) project is alive
>
> I'd never heard of it before reading your email.
>
> > (no CVS, no releases from 2003).
>
> I think the answer is no.
>
> > If not, is there any other similar audio project actually in
> > running?
>
> I read the web page and the blurb is so general that I'm still not
> sure what it does. T

The lib is a full cross platform audio engine. Input, processing, output.

> > I'm thinking to extend this code stuff (Evolutif) and I would like to
> > parse possibilities and efforts.
>
> The only files I can find for this project are two windoze binary zip
> files.

Ok. This is true. Only a win binary with all the code inside. But all the code
is written with no particular dependencies and around Portaudio. I'll try to
compile it in my Linux box using cmake and gcc.

> Even if you found the source for Evolutif its unlikely that it would do
> more than Jack, Ardour and alsamodular synth can do. Why not take a look
> at those projects instead.

How can I re-use Jack, Ardour and alsamodular as a full audio engine library?
I don't need an app but a library. Maybe Ardour has a lib for audio I/O and
processing inside, detached from the GUI?

Cheers!
--

             J_Zar
          Gianluca Romanin