[linux-audio-dev] jack.el -- Run and monitor JACK from within Emacs

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Fri Apr 29 15:19:17 UTC 2005

>> > any chance ~/.jackdrc could be parsed and used by jack.el?
>>
>> Clue me in, I've never seen any reference to .jackdrc yet.
>> Right now, you'd customize the jack group in Emacs to change
>> default startup options?  Does ~/.jackdrc get read by jackd?
>> Is it documented somewhere?
>
> it's a simple file containing the server path and commandline
> args, optionally separated by newlines, as in:
>
> /usr/local/bin/jackd
> -d alsa
> -d hw:0
> -r 44100
>
> since jackdrc is used when jackd starts automatically (and
> also by qjackctl, IIRC), it would be cool to have jackd
> options centralized in one file.

Done.  If you have a ~/.jackdrc jack.el will parse it and use it
for startup.  You might want to add -v to your ~/.jackdrc then since
jack.el makes use of the continuus output to do realtime load display.
If you set `jack-use-jack-rc' to nil, jack.el will not attempt to use your
~/.jackdrc and do some (pretty crude yet) magic to construct proper args
based on your jack.el variable settings.

http://delysid.org/emacs/jack.el

--
CYa,
  Mario