[linux-audio-dev] WAVE-EX File Format Spec

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-lad at mega-nerd.com
Wed Aug 10 00:07:44 UTC 2005

Fred Gleason wrote:

> This is pretty much the approach I had in mind.  Rivendell is at a crossroads
> right now where I need to add two key features:
>
> Surround-sound support (hence WAVE-EX)

WAVE_EX should be working now. If its not, I'm sure that David Veins
(who supplied the patch to add it) and I would be happy to fix it.

> OggVorbis and OggFLAC

FLAC/flac works in a pre-release, and OggFlac is close, but has a couple
of bugs that need to be worked out. Same for OggVorbis but that is
probably even closer to working.

> So, it sounds like this could be a strategic point to make the switch.  Would
> you accept patches to add BWF functionality?

I've accepted patches before. I'll accept them again but I often do
ask for minor changes or bash on them myself before they go in.

There's a libsndfile-devel mailing list for working on this sort of
stuff:

    http:/www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/

If you have a patch to post, don't bother about waiting around to
get a feel for the list. Just dump it on us :-).

Erik