[linux-audio-dev] Behringer firmware update

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Thu Aug 25 21:29:04 UTC 2005

Hi!

So I counted the pennies, scratched my head more than twice,
investigated alternatives, slept unruly and finally decided that a
BCR2000 is the way to go.

phew ... :)

I have a firmware update here, looks like a sysex block (F0 ... ... F7)
and with the filename extender 'syx' I am pretty sure it is so.

In order to improve Behringers support for Linux, I should give some
feedback, right? They have a failproof update.exe solution for Windows
(but none for Mac nor Linux.)

As far as I can see, this is the kind of job 'amidi' was designed to do.

Now, what would an amidi command look like that guarantees to update
each and every midi-device found with said sysex file?

mvh // Jens M andreasen