[linux-audio-dev] more on my tascam problem...

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 10:51:59 UTC 2005

Hi all,

some weeks ago I sent some mails ranting about  problems getting my
tascam us-122 to run on a turion64 running gentoo.

As time has gone and new kernels arrived I have reached a state where
I can play (synths, effects, ardour, etc) and "record" ie. sent the
incoming audio to effects and back out.

But: If I want to record to disk I get the same old error (should not
be here with counts=0) again and sound stops completely. The computer
freezes if I try to restart jackd...
Some tests showed that this doesn't happen if I record into ram (using
/dev/shm to save the recordings).

I modified the driver to give some more debug and to not stop at the
first error (see the attached usbusx2yaudio.c for details) but still
after some more function-calls the driver stops working. Sadly there
isn't much documentation in the source so I am a bit lost there.
Can someone give my some hints?

Thanks in advance,

Arnold

--