[linux-audio-dev] Cross compiling the kernel

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Thu Dec 8 22:17:37 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 15:54 -0600, Richard Smith wrote:
> > cross compiling almost never "just works".  You might try getting> crosstool and building a 64bit toolchain.  That will take a hour or 2
> Or perhaps try booting the Kanotix64 livecd and compile under that?

I don't have a 64 bit machine - that's the whole problem.  I am trying
to reproduce a problem an x86_64 user at a remote location is having.  I
have their kernel sources and .config.  I expected to be able to install
a gcc-x86_64 package and be done with it.  Apparently I was wrong, and
this is going to be a nightmare to get working.  Grr.

Lee