[linux-audio-dev] configuring ALSA support in linux 2.6.11

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Fri Dec 16 11:57:57 UTC 2005

chandrasheakhar singh wrote:
> I wanted to configure ALSA for omap 2420 (h4) in linux 2.6.11.
>
> CONFIG_SOUND=y
> CONFIG_SND=y
> CONFIG_SND_PCM=y
> CONFIG_SND_OSSEMUL=y
> CONFIG_SND_MIXER_OSS=y
> CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS=y
> CONFIG_SOUND_OMAP=y
> CONFIG_SOUND_TSC2101 =y
>
> After booting the kernel i can only see the following :
>
> dev/snd/mixer
> dev/snd/mixer

Are there really two files with the same name?

> dev/snd/control0

This should be controlC0.

What are the actual contents of /dev/snd/?

> but where is snd/snd which will emulate oss dsp ?????

OSS PCM emulation would be /dev/dsp, but only if the driver actually has
a PCM device.  Yours hasn't (there would be an ALSA device, /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p).

> Can you tell me where i am wrong ????

Somewhere in the driver source code, which you didn't show.

HTH
Clemens