[linux-audio-dev] aeolus?

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Tue Feb 1 19:04:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 06:34:29PM +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:

> Hi all (especially Fons!)!

Hi Julien !

>   1. Is this a bug or just me and my friend being to stupid?

I'll assume for now there is a third option :-)  One thing you should
check is the midi routing inside Aeolus. You will need a seeing person
to do this. The MIDI button at the botton will open a window showing
a 5 by 16 matrix, allowing you to route each midi channel to each of
the four divisions (the bottom line is for control messages).

>   2. Are there shortcuts/hotkeys, so I can use the organ myself without help?

No, mouse clicks are the only option ATM.

>   3. Are there maybe other ways to use it vai "remote control" (OSC, etc.)?

There are 10 banks of 100 presets, and these can be recalled via MIDI.
That's the only remote control so far. OSC is something I want to add.
Since it's not so difficult to do a text<->OSC translation that would
enable you to control Aeolus from the command line. Something like:

II\Flute_8 1       to switch on the FLute_8 in the 2nd manual
P\Bassoon_16 0     to switch off the Bassoon in the pedal division
III\?              to get a list of all stops and their state on the top manual
I\midi 1 3 4       to send midi channels 1,3,4 to the first manual
mem\sto 3 15       to store the current settings in bank 3, memory 15

Would that be a handy format for you ?

Greetings,

--
Fons