[linux-audio-dev] about LAC 2005 paper template

Frank NEUMANN frank.neumann at st.com
Mon Feb 7 15:31:10 UTC 2005

Hi list,

> I compared the LaTeX paper templates of LAC 2005 and DAFX 2004,
> and the output screenshots are available at:
>  ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/sci/audio/devel/dsp/papertemplates/
>
> It looks to me that DAFX template is better, both in the text
> quality and the example text. Should we switch?

Sorry, but no :-). Maybe for the next conference (if that happens), we should
look at alternatives to what we have come up with this time (it's in fact
derived from the "Coling" conferences' templates, used with permission), but
for this year's conference, the call for papers is already over, papers have
been written and submitted, are currently being reviewed, and it was far
too much work to get so far to justify switching at this point.

Thanks for the pointer, anyway - what license do the DAFX templates come
with? Could they be reused at all?

Greetings,
Frank