[linux-audio-dev] [OT] How to attend LAC 2005?

Frank NEUMANN frank.neumann at st.com
Tue Feb 8 16:20:11 UTC 2005

Hi,
Bengt Gördén <bengan at sunet.se> wrote:

> This is sort of really of topic. I'm not a professional developer of
> music software or something (I do have some ideas though) but I would
> very much like to attend the conference. The problem is that private I
> can't afford the trip and stay. Now, I have a nice boss that says that
> if I could find something in the neighborhood that is close to my
> normal day job (network engineer) he is willing to pay for the trip
> as long as he gets something out of the trip. Is there anyone here that
> knows anything close to networking at LAC 2005 or is there something
> in Karlsruhe that I could have as a reason for traveling there.

Network engineer...hmm..well, in Karlsruhe we have some really large
german providers (Schlund&Partner, who provide the backbones and computing
centre for 1&1, and web.de, which is (I think) Germany's largest FreeMail
provider (gmx.de is another one - I believe they have merged)). Maybe you
can arrange some kind of company visit there to talk about possible
partnerships or whatever could come to mind (no, I don't have any strong
connections with these companies, just thinking out loud).

Greetings,
Frank