[linux-audio-dev] mux concept paper

James McDermott jamesmichaelmcdermott at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 13:16:02 UTC 2005

> You got me! I am a long term buzz user, used it for live gigs, and wrote
a keyboard based mixer for it.

oh - you wrote miXo - of course. (i wrote a peer machine or two.) go buzz devs!

i think everyone who's ever used buzz for more than a couple of hours
wants a new, stable, cross-platform version. (and there are *loads* of
re-implementation projects, including at least one linux one.) i even
have some semi-formed plans myself...

> A lot of time is spent on finding the processing order. But this only
> needs to be done once in a while.

i'd be very surprised by that (i haven't looked at any code though).
surely it's a very light task, computationally? i'm thinking that if
the machine network is represented by a tree, just a depth-first
search through the tree gets you the right processing order?