[linux-audio-dev] Linux DSP Hardware?

jipi jipi at cubicbottle.com
Sat Feb 19 01:00:52 UTC 2005

Hi folks,

currently, all signal processing algos are being done in software for
Linux Audio.
are there any hardware accelerated support for audio hardware when doing
these sort of algos?

what I mean is, graphics card manufacturers have hardware acceleration
where the X servers can support those acceleration. do we have it in audio?

for now, RME cards do not have DSPs in them yet. (as far as i know)
they only have audio signal routings and high quality audio paths.

what if we want to experiment with h/w dsp? (e.g. the 1820m from
creative professional aka emu)

jipi