[linux-audio-dev] need tips to get OSS midi configured

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Jan 1 16:04:43 UTC 2005

airplays55 at yahoo.com writes:
> I am in desperate need of advice!  I don't know if
> this post is appropriate here but for months I have
> been seeking info from different linux audio
> forums/lists, and have gotten nowhere.
>
> I have a knoppix installation that includes

Knoppix? You seriously intend to do audio work based on Knoppix? As I
understand Knoppix, it's for taking a look at how Linux works. I would
certainly not count on it for anything beyond a display case sort of
demonstration.

If you seriously want to work with audio, if all this effort you talk
about is really important to you, install Linux on your hard drive.
Planet CCRMA or Agnula would be good choices as they're skewed toward
audio work.