[linux-audio-dev] Some input/feedback required

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jan 7 17:07:08 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 05:55:40PM +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> You'll find a link to a screenshot on the usual place:
>
>   <http://users.skynet.be/solaris/linuxaudio>
>
> There are currently three ways to move a dot (linked to
> mouse buttons 1,2,3 but that could change):
>
> 1. A message is sent for each X11 motion event.
> 2. A message is sent only when the dot is released.
> 3. No messages are sent, when the dot is released it
>    starts flashing. A click on the "Trig" buttong then
>    sends the update messages for all such dots at the
>    same time.

Looks nice, and useful. The only other mode I can think of is sprung, like
a pitchbend wheel, or joystick, so it flies back to an origin point when
released. Would only be useful in combination with 1 I think.

Have you thought about adding event control as well? There are a number of
useful USB HID controllers that could be bound to XY positions of the
pucks.

- Steve