[linux-audio-dev] Plans/Roadmaps for 2005?

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Sat Jan 8 19:15:01 UTC 2005

On fre, 2005-01-07 at 15:40 +0100, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm writing this email, because i'm interested in what plans the
> different linux audio developers have for the year 2005 Any new
> revolutionary applications planned? Major changes to some of the
> existing apps? So let us know. What are your roadmaps for 2005? What are
> you guys up to?

Well, first of all I would like to complete the roadmap for 2004!
:)

Per oscillator:
---------------

Resonance generator (actually phase-modulation of an oscillator that
isn't oscillating)

Some kind of lowpass (so that the resonance-generator isn't blown to
pieces right away)

More basic waweforms

MNM ('Magic Number' Modulation!)

Per channel:
------------

Move from 16bit accumulators to 32bit (Now why didn't I do that at
first?)

Implement expression-pedal

Totally remove DC as well as frequencies below 10hz

Collapse frequencies below 250hz to Mono

+2db/octave filter

Slightly S-shaped dynamic response, perhaps with overdrive/distortion?

Two stereo delay-lines with some kind of panning and feedback-matrix

Per instance

16x2 => 4 channel simple mixer, again with slightly S-shaped dynamic
response

-2dB/octave filter

> Where is help needed?

A little here and a little there, thank you very much :)
MMX is legio, floating point forbidden (except for the jack-interface)

--

   (
    )