[linux-audio-dev] [semi-OT] EEL 0.1.0

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jan 9 21:36:05 UTC 2005

>I know that for RT audio processing, in the end you should compile the
>resulting code; the question is that: can EEL be used for rapid
>prototyping of DSP algorithms, or is it too slow (or to unreliable when

whether EEL can or not, you should consider FAUST from GRAME, since
its precisely intended for this purpose, although it has a 2 step
"compile", once to C and then to object code. its massively optimized,
as well. i suppose thats not entirely accurate, yann might not like
FAUST as being a "prototyper" :)

--p