[linux-audio-dev] [semi-OT] EEL 0.1.0

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 11 10:35:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 03:31:31 -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:
> I need the guarantee that the audio thread of the language/VM is 100%
> realtime safe (ala the jack guidelines).  Looks like possible choices
> are EEL, ChucK, and perhaps this "Faust" PaulD mentioned (never heard of
> it myself).

Theres some information about Faust here:
ftp://ftp.grame.fr/pub/Documents/faust-soft-computing.pdf

It looks very impressive, and produces extremely efficient binaries. I've
been meaning to try it for months, but still haven't found the time.
My impression is that it would make certain LADSPA plugins many times
faster than if they were coded in C.

- Steve