ChucK Jack correctness (Formerly: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [semi-OT] EEL 0.1.0 + ChucK)

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Wed Jan 12 02:22:10 UTC 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:19:58 -0500
Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:

> There is a feature in Ingo's RT preempt patchset that allows you to do
> userspace atomicity debugging.  I believe recent CVS versions of JACK
> detect this automatically and build in support for it.

afaik you need to pass the --enable-preemption-check switch to configure
to enable the feature. Enabling it by default wouldn't be such a good
idea imho (even if a suitable kernel was detected), because it causes
apps which fail the check to be aborted (if they don't handle the signal
they get from the kernel).

flo

--
Palimm Palimm!