[linux-audio-dev] mp3 info Q

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Tue Jan 18 07:56:21 UTC 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan, 2005 at 02:01PM +0200, kurmisk spake thus:

> Hi folks
>
> I wanna collect some info of all my *.mp3 such as
> lenght (sec),  samplerate(hz) , nubmer of channels (m/s), birtrate(VBR/hz)
> and maybe something else.
> Which #include <hdr.h> , typedef , and functions() i need use ?
>
> Recursive dir search i have yet.

Unless you have any new and nifty features toadd, you might be better
just using what's already available: find and id3info will get you
what you need.  If you want it formatted or any of the information to
be processed in any way, then just use something like python and the
id3info program.

If this is just a part of a larger project, then maybe id3info isn't
the best option, but in the general case: don't reimplement if you
don't need to.

You could spend weeks writing and debugging such a program, or a
couple of hours if you use python as the glue between the tools that
you already have, or can have.

James

> Any ideas ?
> Tnx in advance