[linux-audio-dev] linuxsampler crashing anyway

Christian Schoenebeck schoenebeck at software-engineering.org
Tue Jan 25 14:19:36 UTC 2005

Es geschah am Dienstag 25 Januar 2005 14:34 als Julien Claassen schrieb:
> Hi!
>   I did try the following things to get current cvs to work.
>   I used the appropriate configuration method and then edited the
> Synthesizer.cpp and exchanged "ASM_X86_MMX_SSE" with "CPP" as in the other
> synthesizer_mode functions. The sampler compiled cleanly. But when running
> it (with OR WITHOUT the --no-tune option) it crashes after a few seconds.
> It says:

As said, I recommend you to update your GCC. Some distributions have a fixed
3.2.x GCC version as well, if you dont want to upgrade to a younger version
like 3.3.x or 3.4.x.

If you really can't or don't want to, then do the following:

 - get a fresh copy of LS from CVS ;)

 - in file src/common/Features.cpp place a 'return;' instruction into the
   first line of method Features::detect(), that will prevent detection of MMX
   and SSE (you then should see "Detected features: None" on LS startup

 - in file src/engines/gig/Synthesizer.cpp replace all '#if ARCH_X86' lines by
   '#if 0', that will prevent the MMX/SSE assembly optimizations from being
   compiled

 - 'make -f Makefile.cvs && ./configure && make'

CU
Christian