[linux-audio-dev] Still on usx2y

Antonio "Willy" Malara behappy at maialone.com
Wed Jan 26 05:36:11 UTC 2005

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> What hardware is this?

that's an apple ibook, g3 (750fx) processor at 700mhz clock and 128mb of
ram (i'm going to buy some more), motherboard in /etc/cpuinfo is shown
as "PowerBook4,3 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh" the usb controller is
a "USB Controller: Apple Computer Inc. KeyLargo/Pangea USB" which is OHCI

anything else i'm missing?

> Anyway, try some deffensive approaches:
>
>   1) jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2 -S

with & without the nrpacks=1 i get:

[...]
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
Couldn't open hw:0 for 16bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw:0 for 24bit samples trying 32bit instead
Sorry. The audio interface "hw:0" doesn't support any of the hardware
sample formats that JACK's alsa-driver can use.
[...]

>   2) jackd -R -d alsa -d plughw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2 -S

again, i've a similar behaviour with or without the module parameter:
jack would start giving the advise i'm using the plug layer, it gives me
a storm of xruns, more frequent with nrpacks=1, fewer without the
default nrpacks, but on connecting ports with jack_connect in both cases
jack dies with this error:

ALSA: could not complete playback of 1024 frames: error = -32
cycle execution failure, exiting
DRIVER NT: could not run driver cycle
jack main caught signal 12
no message buffer overruns
Zeryn:/home/willy#

> First thing you're missing is probably the realtime-lsm module. Without it
> you can't run "jackd -R ..." as a regular user (only as root?).

yeah, i can run jackd -R only as root, but that's not an issue for now,
i want first to get this card usable, then all the security issues

> Cheers.
ciao

wil
---
Il jazz e' lasciare che la luce brilli, lasciarla essere.
		-- Keith Jarrett