[linux-audio-dev] Soundcards...

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Thu Jan 27 22:23:17 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 20:18 +0000, james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:
> Hi peeps.
>
> Just looking for some quick advice about a new soundcard.
>
> I'm looking at getting something like the M-Audio Audiophile 2496.
>
> This is to replace a SB Live! Value.
>
> Does this seem like a sensible (though cheap) move?  I'm expecting a
> better card.

Make sure the tone control switch is muted.  It's not enough to set bass
and treble to 0, you have to disable the switch.

I am working on improving the emu10k1 driver.  But, the Audiophile is
certainly a better card.  You get what you pay for, and the SBLive value
is pretty amazing for a $20 soundcard but it's still a $20 soundcard.

Lee