[linux-audio-dev] Soundcards...

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at rfa.org
Fri Jan 28 19:03:11 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 01:06:46PM -0500, Jamie Guinan wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> > > Even if you don't use all of the channels now you will later ;-)
> > also note that the 44 and 66 don't have midi. the 1010(lt)s do as does
> > the audiophile. And to think I paid almost $400 for my omni studio (66 +
> > omni i/o preamp/mini-mixer/breakout box)!
> Don't feel bad, preamps aren't cheap!  I got just the 66+breakout box
> (b'day gift from my wife), then later picked up a used Mackie 1202VLZ
> mixer for the mic preamps, probably cost about the same total.  As a
> bonus, the mixer gave me a convenent place to add my old turntable and
> cassette deck into the audio chain.

Actually, the omni i/o is a handy little package. There are 4 stereo aux
ins, 2 of which can be routed to the delta 66 channels 1/2 and 3/4. I'm
actually still pleased with the purchase, but amazed at how cheap things
can get over time.

I am begininning to wish I had 2 more pre-amp channels, though.
--
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki  |  Systems Engineer I
Technical Operations Division  |  Radio Free Asia