[linux-audio-dev] cool plugin from Waves

lazzaro lazzaro at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 28 19:27:33 UTC 2005

> Steve Harris <S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 11:06:29 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
>> http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM05/Content/Waves/PR/Q-Clone.html
>
> Hmmm... I suspect thats rather easy to do, infact JAMin has most of the
> code to do that, but its a really clever idea. OTOH, I dont actually
> have
> any outboard EQ thats worth cloning, but hey, still a nice idea.

I wonder if linear models of the classic tube EQs are really
sufficient to recreate their special character ... or if they needed
to go to non-linear models.  A non-linear approach would add
a whole level of complexity to the system, the outboard would
need to be probed at many amplitude levels, and the amplitude
level of the input of each cloned EQ would need to be monitored, etc.

---
John Lazzaro
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu
---