[linux-audio-dev] [ANNOUNCE] jack_convolve-0.0.1

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Sat Jan 29 09:28:23 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 12:14:49AM +0100, Florian Schmidt wrote:

> So there's plenty room for optimization (and some return value checking
> will be added too ;)).. If you know some tricks, let me know.. The
> sourcecode is pasted below for easier reference.

For a typcal stereo room simulation, what you need is actually

| L' |    | a   b | | L |
| R' |    | c   d | | R |

where a, b, c, d are the responses to be convolved with.

In its present form, you code will do this if you split inputs
and recombine outputs, but only with a lot of redundant work.

It could be a good idea to have a more flexible I/O configuration
that would allow this.

--
Fons