[linux-audio-dev] Why alsamixer starts with all the volumes settings in 0?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jul 1 16:02:29 UTC 2005

Hallo,
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer hat gesagt: // Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:

> Hi everyone! I was just wondering why alsamixer starts with all volume
> settings in cero.

To avoid broken loudspeakers.

> Also, it is possible to, at least, lstart with the main volume and
> pcm/wav just a little bit raised? I think this would help when
> configuring alsa, specially for newbies.

One of your start scripts, notmally /etc/init.d/alsa or
/etc/init.d/alsasound, should contain a call to alsactl, which stores
mixer settings on shutdown and recalls them on reboot. What
distribution are you on?

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41