[linux-audio-dev] desktop audio resumed

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sat Jul 2 04:17:38 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-02 at 04:22 +0100, Ross Kendall Axe wrote:
> > So it seems that the only choice for skype users is to use the ALSA
> > in-kernel OSS emulation which will block other apps.
> >
> > Lee
>
> It was in response to problems such as these that I began work on a
> half-kernel, half-userspace system for emulating OSS devices.  It's been
> a while since I've done anything with it but if there's any interest in
> such a system I could put my code (such as it is) up for download.

No!!!  That's exactly the wrong approach, it will only encourage
applications to use the OSS API.  Do you really still want to be using
the same ancient binary-only flashplayer/realplayer plugin for 5 more
years?

Why don't you ask the Skype developers when they plan to support ALSA?
Or figure out why it crashes with aoss?

Lee