[linux-audio-dev] FM, Phase Modulation and The Wiki

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Wed Jul 6 22:41:35 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 14:14 +0200, Jens M Andreasen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to correct some factual errors in wikipedia regarding FM
> synthesis (aka phase modulation.)
>
> The page in qustion is here:
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_modulation_synthesis
>
> My current corrections are in italics. Further corrections appreciated
>
> I am currently looking at the Casio section near the end (regarding
> phase distortion.) Wasn't this technique developed way back in the 60's
> by french academics?

I have seen quite a few web pages on this subject lately. I still do not
know who came up with the original idea. Well ...

The phase distortion synthesis page is now totally rewritten. You are
invited to shred it apart before I continue my quest for truth (within
reasonable limits) on related pages.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_distortion_synthesis

> mvh // Jens M Andreasen
>
> (and yes, somebody ought to rewrite the whole page from scratch :))

Do? Did? Done!