[linux-audio-dev] wireless audio

mimo mimo at restoel.net
Fri Jul 15 13:42:13 UTC 2005

I'm just doing some research as I noticed an infrared audio
transmitter/receiver the other day in the comet store.
What are the options for doing wireless audio output (e.g. hooking up a laptop
with a stereo a couple of meters away), if any, and if then under linux?
In theory I could think of:
- bluetooth (apparently quite slow, so maybe not good for ~cd quality)
- wlan: using an existing wlan card and somehow receiving audio data, then
transforming to analog - are there devices that do this, how would this work
with wlan at the same time?
- infrared: no idea, guess the builtin infrared on laptops is to weak to get
any further than half a meter

Any ideas or advice appreciated

mimo