[linux-audio-dev] Re: What Parts of Linux Audio Simply Work Great? (and on dyne:bolic work better?!)

Iain Duncan iainduncan at telus.net
Fri Jul 15 19:26:49 UTC 2005

> the main differences from before is that it will have a compiler inside
> and that it will be a multiuser environment.
> also i'm not going to be the only mantainer of the only branch
> available: there will be more dyne: versions.
>
> actually the first branch out of dyne:II is the pure:dyne project that
> the people at goto10.org is planning, for a slick and efficient
> dyne:bolic with an advanced PD setup.

Jaromil, that sounds great for what we are doing with it. Glyn and I (
www.xornot.com ) are planning on making a custom Dyne:bolic with csound5
and a multiuser front end for our gig software, so I would be very
interested in seeing the advanced PD setup. Probably that will be a good
starting point for us. Incorporating Victor Lazarrini's new csound5
~CsoundAPI object for PD would be a good idea too.

> newer glibc with NPTL and 2.6 kernel.
>
> I will post more technical specifications on the development pages in
> the upcoming days.

Will that be 2.6.12 patched with Ingo's RT patch? Seems to be giving me
very good real time performance right now even with only the desktop
preemption level.

Thanks
Iain