[linux-audio-dev] Re: ladspa: delayorama

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 10:22:15 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 06:43:24 +0200, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> hi steve and list...
>
> i've experiencing some problems with the delayorama plugin ...
> if the (feedback * taps) is bigger than 100, there is a big possibility
> of clipping / sound getting louder and lounder / the plugin getting
> unstable (???)...
> i'd suggest to post a warning to stdout or stderr that the plugin will
> get unstable when using these values ...

Going through my unanswered mail, I found this from last year.

I can't really print anything to stdout as thats a deeply non-rt safe
operation, but I could add a "safe mode" that stoped the product of the
gains going over unity gain, but it would mean adding another control
port, which (technically) means a new ID, which is pretty inconvienient
for everyone.

I could add the control to the end of the list, and hope that doesnt upset
too many hosts (I've done it before ;) but its not very good-citizeny.

Thoughts?

- Steve