[linux-audio-dev] Google summer coding

Kevin Sookocheff kbs464 at mail.usask.ca
Fri Jun 3 21:31:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

        I'm looking for a mentor for Google's summer coding project for
students.  In a nut-shell, a student pairs with a mentor from an established
open source project in order to complete a modestly sized project.  The
benefits to open source developers are that you get to have someone work on
some code or functionality that otherwise might have been dismissed for a
while.  Furthermore, you will gain a developer with a long term interest in
Linux audio to contribute to development further down the road.  Of course,
there are benefits to myself, including money (which students always need),
but I am really looking to get established with some open source software and
gain experience with the development process before I consider moving into
the workforce (unless I stay on to do my PhD ;) and this seems like the
perfect motivation.

        If anyone here is interested in taking this on, please check
http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html and specifically the mentoring
organization FAQ at http://code.google.com/mentfaq.html.  There is some
misinformation about the need for more mentoring organisations but I've been
in contact and they are still accepting groups.

Thank you for your time,
Kevin Sookocheff