[linux-audio-dev] sample browsing app

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Mon Jun 6 07:31:10 UTC 2005

On Sat, 04 Jun, 2005 at 02:43PM +0100, mimo spake thus:
> After my initial problems with jack I must say I have come to like jack.
> Especially together with muse. Now I wonder, is there something like a sample
> browser (possibly with jack output) that allows traversing through
> directories and click-n-play audio files in them? Something like good old
> fastwav on windows... I have searched and searched but everything I could
> find needs at least two clicks to play.. also kde/qt drag and drop would be
> nice..

Might this do?: http://dis-dot-dat.net/index.cgi?item=code/sauditor/

No drag'n'drop, but other than that it might be what you're after.
It's not super fast with big files because I never got around to
chopping up the loading and playing so that it can do two at once, but
there's not really a delay for most samples.

> thanks,
>
> mm

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)