[linux-audio-dev] Algorithm for displaying waveforms

Olivier Guilyardi ml at xung.org
Mon Jun 6 09:11:50 UTC 2005

Hi Brett,

Brett wrote:
> For a small application I am developing, I need to display waveforms
> (read-only) from audio data loaded into my application using libsndfile.

I personally recommend you to look at the Specimen source code, at
http://www.gazuga.net

The file src/gui/waveform.c is an almost standalone Gtk widget, that you should
be able to reuse with minimal efforts.

I'm not related in any way to Specimen, but I spent much time looking for
reusable code, and the gui code of this application is very nice and clean in my
opinion.

--
   og