[linux-audio-dev] Re: Software controller for homemade edrums

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Mon Jun 6 10:43:27 UTC 2005

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:05:24 +0200
Olivier Guilyardi <ml at xung.org> wrote:

> With this convolution approach, no need to "trigger" anything anymore, just use
> the signal as it is, and run it through the convolution engine. But BruteFIR
> seems like a complex tool, and I currently have no knowledge about so-called
> convolution.

Hi,

for experiments you might also try my jack_convolve tool, which is a bit
simpler to use..

http://www.affenbande.org/~tapas/wiki/index.php?jack_convolve

BTW: the drawback of the convolution approach would be that it gets very
very expensive (cpu wise) at

- small periodsizes
- long response files

The cpu load is antiproportional to the periodsize and proportional to
the response file length.

OTOH really percussive sounds are rather shortish i assume.

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://affenbande.org/~tapas/