[linux-audio-dev] [ot] [rant] gcc, you let me down one time too many

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Mon Jun 6 15:18:44 UTC 2005

[Paul Winkler]

> I was wondering what the reason was for dropping midithing.
> I played with it briefly and quite liked it. Sad indeed.

My ambitions at that time were surpassing the concept; I was also not
satisfied with the general code quality.

> Leading me to wonder, how long before Milk is superceded, or at
> least renamed? ;-)

Already all but dead ... :)

> I usually just drop my projects completely after one pre-release.
> I greatly admire your tenacity :-)

Thanks! Actually there's just three projects in four guises, but I get
a good laugh out of it as well sometimes. Realizing you're a fool sets
you free! :)

For the record, I made a few pieces I like a lot with all of those
projects, and one of them served as a development environment and
testbed for the DSP code you now find in the caps package. It's still
in active use but will ultimately wane.

Cheers, Tim