[linux-audio-dev] Please test the RT rlimits patch for audio

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Mon Jun 6 15:50:00 UTC 2005

Jonathan Woithe <jwoithe at physics.adelaide.edu.au> writes:

>> Your group support is not very useful, yet, because it only checks the
>> current group.
>
> True, but group support wasn't really my prime objective at this point in
> time (see below).

That's what I figured.  Sorry to sound overly critical.  I should have
framed my comments in a positive context.

Your program is quite useful and timely.  Given the difficulty of
patching and then configuring PAM, I expect very few users to use the
new rlimits effectively until those changes have percolated down into
widely-available distributions.  So, for the present, set_rlimits (and
the realtime LSM) are the best options for people who want audio to
Just Work.

My comments were intended to encourage further development of this
useful program, not to come across as harsh and critical.

Thanks,
--
  joq