[linux-audio-dev] Re: Speech analysis

Toby tobia.conforto at linux.it
Mon Jun 6 17:06:31 UTC 2005

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:
> you just can't make the difference between two words separated by
> silence and a longer word.

I see your point.  The pauses between every couple of vocal emissions
should be measured and taken into consideration in the large picture,
just as the accent on each vocal emission, the probability of each
sub-emission of representing a given phoneme, etc.

Alas, I don't know a thing about voice recognition, except that I can
play Chess on my Mac with voice alone.  But I haven't booted MacOS X
in a while :-D

Cheers
Toby