[linux-audio-dev] Sending USB msgs to sound card through snd_usb_audio driver - how ?

Jan Holst Jensen jhje00 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 22:08:25 UTC 2005

Hi all.

I am trying to control the settings of my EgoSys U2A
sound card by sending it the same commands that I can
see being sent to it when I am using the Windows U2A
control panel.

I naively thought that I could use libusb, but I
cannot open interfaces on the sound card, because
snd_usb_audio is using the device. Unloading
snd_usb_audio releases the audio interface so I can
claim it with libusb calls but that is hardly
practical for changing settings occasionally.

Are there any standard ioctl() calls in the
snd_usb_audio driver that allows me to send messages
to a USB interface, or any other way of doing this the
civilized way - that is: through the driver ? Any
pointers greatly appreciated.

Cheers
-- Jan Holst Jensen, Denmark