[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] disaster day #1

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Jun 7 02:40:29 UTC 2005

Greetings:

  My thanks to all respondents for their suggestions, but sad to say, I
got no joy. At this time the machine is unusable and I'll probably have
to take it in for repair or just buy a new mobo. I now can't get beyond
the boot stage, it usually dies with a kernel panic either right away or
shortly after startup. Big bummer.

  I removed all cards, installed a new CPU fan, and tried booting from a
Knoppix disk. The Knoppix live CD also failed with a kernel panic, which
probably means I have a hardware problem either with the RAM or the CPU.
Btw, I've been running RH9 happily on this box for quite a while, it's
hardly a new installation

  I have access to an identical box I'll get to try either tomorrow or
the day after, but this one's DOA for this evening. :(

Best,

dp