[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] disaster day #1

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 7 09:37:14 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 02:40, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings:
>
>   My thanks to all respondents for their suggestions, but sad to say, I
> got no joy. At this time the machine is unusable and I'll probably have
> to take it in for repair or just buy a new mobo. I now can't get beyond
> the boot stage, it usually dies with a kernel panic either right away or
> shortly after startup. Big bummer.

If there are little brown spots on the top of some condensers on the mobo,
then they are fried and you have to get a new one.(unless you fancy soldering
multi-layer boards)  Apperently some factories saved a few tenths of pennies
by using substandard parts.
The power-supply is another good candidate for replacement.