[linux-audio-dev] Re: Software controller for homemade edrums

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Wed Jun 8 18:22:39 UTC 2005

>From: Olivier Guilyardi <ml at xung.org>
>
>Well, that's an idea, but you'll be playing alone then.

That was the idea because the drum objects are tuned
for the detector software, not for the song.
Sure real drums are tuned and could be detected by
these methods, possibly using the suggested two mics.

By the way: As recently as two weeks ago, for learning purposes,
I picked up drumming mp3s of John Bonham (Led Zeppelin) at

http://www.drummerworld.com/Sound/johnbohnhammobylive.mp3
http://www.drummerworld.com/Sound/johnbonhamdrumsalone.mp3

http://www.drummerworld.com/Sound/JohnBonhamMoby.mp3
http://www.drummerworld.com/Sound/JohnBonham_When.mp3
http://www.drummerworld.com/Sound/johnbonhamRockAndRoll.mp3
http://www.drummerworld.com/Sound/johnbonhamfool.mp3

Two first files could work as an excellent example resource.
I planned manually to mark the duples (time, name of the drum).
I even downloaded plenty of photos of John Bonham so that I know
how he arranged the drum set in the stereo field -- at

http://www.led-zeppelin.org/multimedia/photoarchive.html

Juhana