[linux-audio-dev] Re: Software controller for homemade edrums

Kevin Sookocheff kbs464 at mail.usask.ca
Wed Jun 8 22:38:37 UTC 2005

>Could anyone point me toward a document explaining the
>technical/mathematical details of convolution, especially about audio?

I've used convolution/correlation/fourier analysis for school projects.  The
standard text for Fourier analysis is Bracewell, "The Fourier Transform and
its Applications".  Also check out "Numerical Recipes in C" (available
on-line) by Press, Teukolsky, Vetterling and Flannery, Cambridge Press, for
code on performing convolution and correlation with the fast fourier
transform.

As for audio, I've dealt mostly with images but the same principals apply.
Audio is a 1D signal and most texts spend a considerable time covering
these .  Look for any book on digital signal processing and it will most
certainly contain what you need.

Kevin