[linux-audio-dev] Best-performing Linux-friendly MIDI interfaces?

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri Jun 10 12:47:05 UTC 2005

Jay Vaughan wrote:

> The thing is, MidiShare rocks on all angles.

IANALAD but from the user's POV I must agree. MidiShare is a terrific
system.

Jay, if you're looking for cross-platform MIDI solutions there's also
PortMIDI which is being used as the primary MIDI system for Csound5.

And thanks again to Dr. Albert Graef for the msAlsaSeq bridge. That
little gem makes it possible to wire any MidiShare app to the ALSA
sequencer. Very cool to use Common Music to drive everything I can
connect to the ALSA sequencer.

IMO Linux MIDI is tasting mighty fine these days. :)

Best,

dp